When antimatter meets matter both annihilate in a flash of energy this complete conversion to energy is what makes antimatter so powerful even the nuclear reactions that power atomic bombs come in a distant second with only about three percent of their mass converted to energy this is desirable because nuclear propulsion reduces travel . Antimatter catalyzed nuclear pulse propulsion is a variation of nuclear pulse propulsion based upon the injection of antimatter into a mass of nuclear fuel which normally would not be useful in propulsion the anti protons used to start the reaction are consumed so it is a misnomer to refer to them as a catalyst. Dreams of antimatter space propulsion are closer to reality than most rocket scientists could ever imagine says former fermilab physicist gerald jackson in fact if money were no object he says
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.